This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Friday, February 27, 2009

New Job!

I am finally able to do it. I can now quit my job as an attorney and spend more time with my precious family. Every night for the past few months, I have had to work at home (I have no secretary) in the evenings to keep up with my docket. Miss Scarlett has felt particularly pushed aside for my work. It was not fair to her or me to keep up at this pace.

So, after much discussion and prayer, hubby and I decided that it was time for me to do something else. Something that I would not only enjoy, but that would keep me free in the evenings with my family.

Yesterday, I made my first move to emotional freedom from law. I was offered, and gratefully accepted, a job with a local insurance agency. I cannot begin to explain the relief and joy that floods my heart right now. Last night, as I was working on some of my cases, Miss Scarlett sidled up to me and said, "You never have time for me in the evenings anymore." It broke my heart, but at the same time, I could honestly tell her, "Two more weeks, and I won't have to work evenings anymore!"

Life is all too fleeting when you have a young child at home. Before you know it, you look around and they are going off to school. I don't want to miss a thing by working all the time. I thank God (and Herbie, my new future boss) for the opportunity to really live what is important to me.

May you find what is important to you and live it, whatever it may be. God Bless!

2 comments:

MamaOfTwo said...

Many, Many Congratulations, PM!!!! I know how important this is to you and your family. May peace come your way. Woo Hoooo! Only 2 more weeks. :) What a blessing!

Hugs,
M.

Proudmama said...

I know! I went in yesterday and today for a couple of hours to get a little on-the-job training and LOVE IT! I can't wait to start full-time.