This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Waiting

Waiting is so hard! Just yesterday, Miss Scarlett asked me when it would be her birthday. She had just gone to a birthday party for a little friend, and it was on her mind. I told her it was still a couple of months away. Then she asked when Mei-Mei (little sister in Mandarin) was coming home. Since we are still likely months away from a referral, all I could tell her was that I don;t know. Her reply? "China is taking a long time! Can't you just tell God to make China give us Mei-Mei?" If only.

How does one deal with waiting for something you want badly? Do you go on with life as usual, putting the thought of the event on the back burner of your mind until such time the happy event occurs? Do you constantly monitor each and every aspect of the wait, tormenting yourself over every possible pitfall or milestone that you reach? How are we supposed to handle a wait?

I believe that God would have us wait patiently and honor God in the wait. Hebrews 5:10-11 (The Message) says "Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail."

Waiting for Miss Scarlett to come home from China was one of the hardest waits of my life. It was very hard to "let go and let God". But let go, I did. And I was greatly rewarded for it. For the very day that we had put in our adoption application, was the day Miss Scarlett was born in China. And we were greatly blessed!

So God has proved to me over and over again how much He cares for me. And I hold on to that love He has for me, and all of His creations, when the wait becomes hard. Dear friend, I pray that if you are waiting for something, that you know that God has it all under control. He is still on His throne. May you stay the course, let go, and let God.

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Hey there from a fellow BBer. I'm anonymous out here in the blogosphere, but you'd probably recognize my BB user name if I shared it (at times like these I'm sorry that I don't).

We've been waiting quite awhile as well and our daughter struggles more than we do, I think. But God has a plan... I have faith in that.

Anyways, welcome to the blogosphere!!!

Proudmama said...

So true about His plan, tonggu momma! I will now be racking my brains trying to figure out who you are, LOL! Don't tell me...let me see if I can figure it out on the new and improved(?)BB.

Proudmama