This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Tale of Two Bears

The bear on the left is named "Teddy". He is over 40 years old, and has had the bottoms of his feet and paws of his hands lovingly repaired by the mother of the child who (still!) loves him. Teddy was my first love. He calmed my fears when I was sure that there was a monster in the closet. He was a friend that patiently sat through many a tea party, class, or doctor's visit. He was never a very fancy bear...choosing to just be his au natural beary self.

The bear on the right is named "Sally Callie". She is just about one year old, and belongs to my daughter. She made her at the Build-A-Bear shop shortly after her birthday last year. Sally Callie goes everywhere Miss Scarlett goes. She
has a Hello Kitty shirt, skirt, shoes, a glittery purse...the whole ensemble that a young miss needs. Sally Callie has been party to numerous dinners out, doctor's visits, nap times, etc. She is quite the cosmopolitan bear. But she is just as loved by her person as Teddy is loved by me.

Now these two bears are best of friends. Teddy spends most of his time these days benevolently watching a new bear and child play together. I can only hope that my daughter and Sally Callie have as many and even more wonderful years together. I look forward to the day when I see three bears together...Teddy, Sally Callie and Mei-Mei's (or Di-Di's) bear.

No comments: