This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Yep, it's strep...

Friday morning, I woke up a little tired. That's not unusual as I often get up during the night to soothe bad dreams for Miss Scarlett or spray for monsters. We were headed to my sister-in-law's for a long weekend of fun and relaxation, which we were greatly looking forward to.

By the time we arrived after a 6 hour trip, I was exhausted. I chalked it up to traveling. Little did I know. The next morning I awoke to a sore throat. Not a BAD sore throat, but the kind you have when you have a lot of sinus drainage. Said sore throat has lasted 5 days now. The verdict: Strep throat.

I've never had strep to my knowledge, so I had no idea what to expect. I figured from hearing others that it was so painful that you couldn't eat, sleep, drink, etc. But it doesn't feel any worse than other sore throats I've experienced. Either my pain tolerance is high (which I doubt, because I am a major weenie), or I have a mild case.

So I am enjoying pampering myself during this time. I have some delicious hot teas, hubby made some yummy soup, a new book (all about Emily Post), and Miss Scarlett has gone to her Mammaw's to spend a day or two while I get over the contagious stage. Sometimes being sick is almost as like a mental health day.

Now if I could only find my favorite tv show on a marathon (NCIS)...

2 comments:

cook2china said...

Sure hope you feel better soon. Enjoy the pampering.

MamaOfTwo said...

Get well soon, girlfriend. Enjoy all the rest you can.