This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm not doing well...

Nope, I am not doing well at all on actually working on that beast of a room. In fact, I have not done much of anything to it in about a week! This weekend has flown by without me making in there to work on it. There is really no excuse. I just didn't do it. I could have shoe-horned in a half-hour here and there a few times. Just didn't do it.

Now I have this feeling that I will fail at making my month-end deadline I set for myself. And I don't like it. Not one bit! What I need is for my family to go on vacation without me for about a week so I can have one massive purging of stuff...mine and theirs!

Part of the incentive is that I want to be able to move through that room again. The other incentive is that I'd like to have a bedroom ready, just in case.

I'd better get busy. No time like the present!

1 comment:

MamaOfTwo said...

Don't give up, Laura! You'll get there!!! Sometimes things just take longer than we expect it to, or are harder to begin, because they're so daunting. One step at a time. Take a 15-min. challenge and spend that time making a tiny dent. Then take another 15-min. challenge the next day. Pretty soon, you'll see a dent and will feel motivation. Trust me - it works! Good luck. I know all about those rooms that make you want to run away! :)

M.