This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There's Good News and Bad News...

The Bad News: My sweet little husband has to have surgery. On his spine. Next week. YIKES!

James has a ruptured disc in his mid-chest region with a huge tumor pressing against his spinal cord. It is so large that the doctor says it totally obliterates the spinal cord. To get to the tumor, the doctors will have to go in through his chest wall. James will have to wear a brace for awhile until he is able to keep his torso upright on his own.

The Good News: It isn't cancerous. It isn't multiple sclerosis (which I feared). And it is operable and most likely his numbness and weakness are reversible. Thank God for that!

Please pray for James during the next few weeks. We covet your prayers. Thank you!

4 comments:

MamaOfTwo said...

Yikes is right!!!! Ugh!

I am glad that James finally has a diagnosis and that it is treatable. Just truly wish it wasn't so invasive.

We are definitely praying for James and his doctors. And we are praying for you, Laura, so that you are able to continue to hold up under all this stress going on. I don't know how you manage it all.

Hugs to your family. Prayers being lifted for all of you.

love,
M.

cook2china said...

We will keep the three of you in our prayers. Please let us know if we can do anything to help. I'm so thankful that the tumor isn't cancerous. That's certainly a blessing! Please keep us updated.

a Tonggu Momma said...

We will be praying for James and all of you. I'm so thankful it isn't cancer nor MS!

(You think you don't know me, but you do from the BB. I have a different and anonymous username in the blogging world.) And I find it hysterical that my word verification was "morse" for this comment. (No - I'm not Julie, but I do know her.)

comingaroundagain said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. . . but the good news gives some reassurance.

I will keep him and your family in prayer!