This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Friday, May 27, 2011

What day is this again?

I am working on the 31 Days to Clean challenge.  I am really not sure what day I am on - I think the challenge is on Day 19.  I think I fell off the wagon on Day 4.  Anyway, today's challenge is all about the self-disciplined life.  You can read all about it here.

Day 19 exhorts us to commit to goals, complete these goals, but more importantly, to never give up.  I like that.  Just because I failed to keep up with the challenge goals, I am giving myself permission to try, try again.  Just because I am behind doesn't mean that I should quit.  The turtle in the story of the "Turtle and the Hare" was slow and behind.  But as the moral of the fable goes, slow and steady wins the race.  So I am not giving up.  Slowly and surely I will meet all of the goals in the Challenge.  I am encouraged by reading the blogs of other like-minded ladies who are similarly struggling and refusing to give up.  We are a sisterhood of turtles!

Today's challenge: Clean out and organize my bathroom closet and update my first-aid kit.  I can start anew there.  

2 comments:

tammi said...

I watched a really lame rugby movie a while back, but one line the coach said has really stuck with me:

Practice doesn't make perfect. Practice makes PERMANENT.

I think for too long I've focused on aiming for perfection and then given up, like, every single time because I can't attain it. Focusing on developing good habits makes far more sense because it IS doable! Hang in there! Just do what you can, but DO SOMETHING! :)

Jade Clark said...

Yeah, just keep at it. If you want to complete the challenge, you'll find a way... on your terms. You're doing great!