This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Potty Training Boot Camp

Yes.  Your eyes are not deceiving you.  I have placed Jackson in Potty Training Boot Camp at our house.  And, it is kinda fun, but a lot of work!  I don't remember having the struggles with potty training our daughter Scarlett.  She was basically trained in day using a popular book by the same name.  Here is a link to it if you're interested in learning more:  LINK!

I have often heard that boys are tougher to potty train than girls, and I am finding that, at least for me, this is the case.  I planned out my boot camp attack early.  I went to Walmart at purchased a few items to act as enticements (read: bribes) to using the potty seat regularly.  I picked up some Cars flushable wipes, fun liquid soap (the kind that changes colors!), Elmo and Thomas the Train pajamas, a Thomas the Train shorts outfit, Thomas the Train briefs, a water gun, a dinosaur egg bath fizzy, and a Thomas the Train DVD set.  Oh yeah, and a bag of M&Ms for me.

I took off work Friday so I could have a full day head's start working with Jackson.  He did really well the first few hours.  Only had one boo-boo all day.  We blew through a lot of the goodies quickly.

Which is why I had to get James to make an emergency trip out with Scarlett for more provisions.  They picked up some puzzles, Pez dispenser (Thomas the Train!), water cannon, a couple of books, some Ring Pops, coloring books, a yellow visor and yellow sand pail.  I am hopeful that these will get us through Monday, when Potty Boot Camp officially ends.

Today we had a couple of accidents - it is hard to remember to go potty when you are having such a good time playing at a sand/water table.  I am hopeful that tomorrow will be as good, if not better!

Off to throw in another load of laundry.  Potty training tends to increase the amount of laundry to be done!

No comments: