This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Five Weeks on Weight Watchers

A friend at work and I discovered about six weeks ago that we were going the wrong way when it came to our weight.  I was at an all-time high on my weight, as was she, and we decided NOW was the time to do something about it.  So we joined Weight Watchers.

It is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Going to the WW meetings has helped me learn what a normal portion should be.  In a world of supersized fries and super gigantic colas, I had forgotten what a normal portion should be.  Remember years ago when a small hamberger and french fries was the normal portion?  Ha!  That is a thing of the past.  Or is it?  I am slowly rethinking how much I hsould eat.

Probably more importantly, WW has shown me how UNhealthy the junk I used to eat really was for my body.  The first week's weight loss of 4.6 pounds just from cutting out the junk food (cheese burgers, fries, moon pies, etc) showed me how many empty calories I was stuffing my poor body with.  I just hope my body will forgive me.

So here I am at week five of WW. I have lost 9 pounds.  My goal is to lose 7 to 9 pounds more.  I know I can do it now.  And I am excited.


2 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you for starting before things got way out of hand! I speak from experience....just lost 42 pounds and have about 8 more to go! It is HARD!!! You are so smart to stay on top of it!!
Heather

MamaOfTwo said...

YAY! Good for you!