This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Busy Day and a Lazy Day

Today started out to be very busy.  Miss Scarlett and I went to her Chinese class with Helen, her tutor.  We are excited for Helen as she is preparing to go off to Harvard Divinity School.  We will miss her, but we hope that we will be able to stay in touch and visit with her someday.

After we came home, Hubby and Miss Scarlett went to the grocery store where they discovered an Easter Egg Hunt was going to be held.  So after shopping, a lunch of hotdogs and soft drinks, they fled back to the Food City for the Easter Egg Hunt.  Miss Scarlett did well.  She brought in a basketful of eggs - most of which were purple.  According to her daddy, she passed over anything that wasn't purple for awhile.

While they were having daughter/daddy time, I was weeding the front flower beds.  I got a lot of work done, but not all the beds.  Just too many after a long and rainy winter.  I did make a HUGE dent in the weeds.  The beds look much better.  But we need some some mulch.  That will have to wait.

Hubby mowed the yard while Miss Scarlett jump roped and filled some of her plastic eggs with treasures from the yard (Nandina berries, grape hyacinth buds, tiny pine cones, and pretty stones).  I continued to weed while occasionally admiring a particularly good jump rope run or treasure.

After a light supper and baths, we all went to the Lazy Boy Store!  I finally was able to purchase the Lazy Boy recliner that I had been drooling over for the last couple of years.  I bought a dark chocolate brown Maverick recliner.

I spent part of the evening setting up my "kingdom".  My favorite antique floor lamp with scrolled wood pole, drink stand that had been an old cigarette ashtray holder (it's tall and fits drinks perfectly) and my purple and blue pansy blanket - I was ready for some serious downtime.

I am so glad Sunday is a day of rest.  I plan to be resting a lot today!

No comments: