This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Not enough hours in a day

Sometimes, I feel that there are just not enough hours in the day to do all the things that I want to do. Have you ever felt that way? I long to have time to seriously devote to my family, my job, my house; but somehow, other things seems to intrude.

Things like the internet. And television. What time wasters they can be. I am discovering time that I thought I had lost by turning off the computer and television. Don't get me wrong: both are wonderful in small doses. What makes them so insidious is that they gradually take over more and more of your life.

Take Facebook, for instance. I was invited to try out Facebook by some friends. I started my FB site, and before I knew it, I was checking the thing 2-3 times a day! And for what? To see what my friends were doing at that very moment.

And the television. Don't even get me started! I can spend WAY too much time watching HGTV (and sometimes watch the same episode 2 times over - like it is gonna change!).

So I am going to make more time for myself. I am going to spend less time on the internet and in front of the "boob tube" and more time on things I love. I challenge you to do the same. Let me know if you find more time for yourself or the ones you love.

1 comment:

MamaOfTwo said...

I hear ya, PM. Sometimes I find myself checking others' blogs to see what they're up to in life, rather than living my own life. What kills me is that I don't know half of the people I read about! Feeling pretty dumb about that! With so much to do and so little time, you'd think I'd get my act together.

I agree - moderation is key. Limit time for those non-essential things - like internet and TV (I'm sure there are others, but those are the key ones for me.).

Thanks for the reminder. Been on my mind, too.

M.