This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jane Austen, anyone?

Ok, I admit it...I am a big fan of Jane Austen...novels and movies. Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy is simply divine! I loved Pride and Prejudice and Emma. I even like the spin-off books by other authors. One of my favorites is Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange. It is based on the Jane Austen book, Emma. Basically, it is the diary of the hero, George Knightly, during his courtship of Emma.

One of the weirdest I read was Lost in Austen. It is one of those books that you choose a path to take. You are a character in several Jane Austen novels. You have choices to make throughout. If you choose one path, you go to page 6, for instance, and see what the consequence of your choice is. If you choose another path, you are sent to another page with different consequences. The idea is to get to marry well and for love. I didn't do so well. Good thing I never actually had to live in Austen's day!

Do I wish I had lived back then? Well, yes and no. It appeals to my romantic side with the grand gestures from gentlemen and all. However, the practical side (no indoor plumbing, no Diet Coke!!) says, "No thank you!"

I guess I am a modern, old-fashioned girl!

1 comment:

MamaOfTwo said...

I have this fascination with Little House on the Prairie. Always thought it would be fun to have my lunch in pail. LOL. But can't quite see myself without indoor plumbing or Diet Coke, either. And don't get me started on no Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino.

M.