This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Kicking cans

I've been working hard the last few days trying to get things ready for a yard sale with everyone on my mom's circle.  I would love to get rid of a lot more things, but find I am getting push-back from everyone in the house.  Apparently, I do not put the same value on their "prized possessions".

I would sell everything we owned and start from scratch if I could.  I suppose it is a good thing I can't.  I suppose.

I told my husband the other day that I was beginning to feel bitter about using up the best of me at an office and having little left to offer the children and him once I came home.  I feel like if I could simplify my household, I would have more time for the people and things I want to send my on - family, friends, writing, crafts, GOD.

My mom always tells me that I just need to kick a few cans down the road - just keep kicking them until they are where they need to be.  I might have to kick some more than others, but they will all eventually get to their destinations.  I need to keep reminding myself that life is not a race, but a marathon.

So, I am off to kick  few cans.  Wish me luck.

No comments: