This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Another Hurdle Crossed!

Last night our social worker came by to update our home study for Jackson's adoption. Leah got us up to date on everything that we needed to do, which is thankfully very little. We will need to update our I-171H and fingerprints. Then just wait on our Letter of Acceptance (LOA). Leah said that she was overnighting our documents to Grand Rapids so that they could send them on to China. Yay!

Today, I mailed off the letter requesting a biometric appointment (basically redoing our fingerprints) so that they'd still be good when we travel. Leah thinks a good timeline could be April or May! Of course, I am pulling for either one, but late May would mean Miss Scarlett wouldn't have to miss much school.

Tonight I worked on the letter to Immigration requesting that our I-171H be updated to include a special needs child between the ages of 0-3 years. And I did all this while helping Miss Scarlett with a scrapbook project of her own. I am becoming a pro at multi-tasking!

So, once this last letter gets mailed off, we just wait for a fingerprint appointment - then wait some more. But that is ok. I know it is all in God's hands. It's all good.

No comments: