This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Recurring Theme - Resolution Time?

I am beginning to see a recurring theme in my posts. More often than not, I am obsessing over clutter, my body, my mind and my relationship with the Lord. It is enough to make me crazy. Not literally, but you know what I mean.

So I started thinking: What if I made some New Year's resolutions to help get me on the right track. The trick is, this time, I am going to start them today.

Here they are, in no particular order:

  • Fill one box a week with stuff to take to Goodwill. I don't need it; they can use it.
  • Commit to an exercise regimen. Not a "I'm gonna wear a bikini by summer one", just one to help get me healthier. Three to five days a week should help.
  • Meal plan for two weeks at a time. Try to get enough meals for 30 days so that we don't get burned out on stuff and have more variety.
  • Set our family up on a cleaning schedule. We can all pitch in and clean - not just me!
  • Work on my writing. I dream of someday writing a book. In the meantime, I need to polish my craft.
  • Read in the Bible every day. I have a Chronological Bible that is set up for a year.
  • Take a Bible study.
  • Play more with Scarlett - she won't be small forever!
  • Learn to say "No" more often. I tend to have a problem with that.
However, I draw the line at wearing a big, red hat and joining any clubs...

No comments: