This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Night Alone

Sometimes I wish that I could have just one night alone. One night where I had no one to make demands of me. I could read somewhere besides locked in the bathroom, or watch a movie from beginning to end without having to check what is on Nickolodeon. I could have popcorn for supper without disapproving looks from my husband.

Or I could sit and stare at a speck. The possibilities are endless!

Don't get me wrong - I love my life and the people in it. Sometimes I just need a little decompression time alone. Must be from my being an only child.

I don't want to wish for anything permanent. Just one night alone. To refresh my soul. Is that so wrong?

1 comment:

MamaOfTwo said...

Not wrong. We took a timeout this afternoon - myself, and both my girls. All to our separate corners of the house. And an hour later, we were better because of it.

A girl does need a break every now and again. To do whatever - or nothing at all.

M.