This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Kindergarten Preparedness

We signed Miss Scarlett up for kindergarten this week. It was Roundup time here in our neck of the woods. We all went to the school house to take a tour, meet the teachers, principal, and generally just check things out. Miss Scarlett received a nice little packet of markers, flash cards, a Scholastic book, and other goodies from the school. It was very nice.

What we were NOT prepared for, was the list of things that we had to supply at the beginning of the school year. Things that we NEVER had to bring when I was in school. Here is a sampling of what we need:

2 large boxes of Kleenex
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Expo Dry Erase Markers
Band Aids
Zip Lock bags
headphones for computer time

This isn't even half the list. I mean, what's up with all this? All we had to bring when I was in kindergarten was a dime for milk and a towel with our name on it for nap time. I guess it is just a sign of the times. We pay more and more money in taxes to help fund the schools, but it seems that is not enough anymore.

No comments: