This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Getting stronger

I have decided that I want to live a healthier lifestyle.  I guess part of the impetus is that I have two kids under the age of ten that I would dearly love to see grow up, marry and have children of their own.  I have never been over weight, but I am definitely far from "in shape".

I intend to change that.

I don't believe that fad diets work, but I do believe that eating foods that are not so far from their natural state (i.e not processed to death!) is better for me.  So I put myself on a detox diet - no starchy foods like potatoes, pasta, white bread - no chocolate, colas or other high fat foods.

Instead, I am going to focus on lean proteins, more green veggies, low sugar fruits, cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir and eggs/egg whites.  

I have already lost five pounds from changing out what I eat.  I feel that I have more energy now.  My mood is more upbeat as a result.  A win-win in my opinion.

I look forward to continuing this lifestyle!

No comments: