This is my life...a series of dreams come true on a daily basis. Join me as I run down my dream - maybe you will find your dream in the process.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Busy month...but all went well

August has been one very busy month for our family.  A lot has happened (some planned, some unplanned), but everything worked out exactly as God planned it -  all for the best.
 Here we go....

  • My sweet husband celebrated another birthday, along with our nephew's adorable girlfriend Caroline. Had a wonderful party at my sister-in-law's house.
  • Met with Early Intervention teacher for Jackson.
  • Scarlett started First Grade.  She loves her teacher and was quite relieved that she was able to remain in that class, as five students were moved to a new classroom due to overcrowding.
  • Jackson's cleft palate repair went extremely well, and he continues to heal.  Thank God for skilled doctors and nurses!
  • Even though I was completely out of leave time, my wonderful boss allowed me to take a week off to stay home with our son after surgery.
  • We refinanced our house from a 30 year to a 15 year fixed and got an even lower rate that we first thought thanks to a loan officer who was continually looking out for us.
  • We were able to put a new roof on our house, rewire our electrical box, and cut down five trees.
  • Family, friends and neighbors all pitched in to help out with meals, shuttle service and general support during Jackson's hospital stay and convalescence.
  • Scarlett brought home her very first homework paper - she had completed it while in after-school care, and did it perfectly!
  • Jackson discovered the joy of choo-choo trains.
August is not quite finished yet, but it has been a good, albeit busy, month.  Here is hoping that September is not quite so hectic, but just as good!



1 comment:

patty kilgore said...

And that is why I call you "Super-Mama" precious one. Missing You...Love and Hugs, Patty